Sunday, March 20, 2011

Are you happy? Or are you just having fun?

Happiness and fun - how do you distinguish them?

We were having a chat yesterday, me and my colleague, how even small things used to make us happy when we were kids! Even if it is a cricket match in the evening, or a small trip to the nearby town,  a visit to the relatives' house - it used to make us happy! And there is no sane explanation for it.

Yes, we do go for trips, we do run around, drink smoke loiter watch movies, but then it has lost it's charm, is that it? Is it that we are now used to it? I still remember, how excited I used to get, when a prospect of watching a movie, in a theater comes along! How a rain used to make me happy!

I look about and I see that I am having fun, I am enjoying most of the moments, but happiness, it is something different - to quote my colleague - Anything everything used to make me happy when I was a kid! But now a car a bike a house a job a good salary, thats fun to have, but happiness have eluded us! Maybe it gets tougher to make ourselves 'Happy' as we grow older!

3 comments:

  1. Kichu,

    Why so nostalgic, all of a sudden ? You will get a whole lot of other things to worry after the marriage.. So , do it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Nothing about the nostalgia, well not totally at least! And it is not a worry, it is a thought :) Do we really need more and more to be really 'Happy' as we grow older in life?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess its all in the mind. As kids we never used to compare ourself with other kids or we did not have this huge expectations with things. We used to accept it any which way it comes in our lives.

    As we get older, our expectation about everything grows and we always need more that we have. The moment a person decides he/she is happy with whatever he/she has, things will be much brighter.

    ReplyDelete