Friday, January 30, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
But this movie is another thing, perfectly enjoyable, feel good kind of.
MELVIN (to Carol)
Okay, I got a real great compliment for you and it's true.
I am so afraid you're about to say something awful...
Don't be pessimistic. It's not your style. Okay... Here I goes... Clearly a mistake.
(this is hell for him)
I have this -- what? Ailment... And my doctor -- a shrink... who I used to see all the time... he says 50 or 60 percent of the time a pill can really help.I hate pills. Very dangerous things,pills."Hate," I am using the word "hate" about pills. My compliment is that when you came to my house that time and told me how you'd never -- well, you were there, you know... The next morning I started taking these pills.
CAROL (a little confused)
I don't quite get how that's a compliment for me.
Amazing that something in Melvin rises to the occasion -- so that he uncharacteristically looks at her directly -- then:
You make me want to be a better man.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
If that's not worth a bet, I don't know what is.
- He doesn't look bad, does he? - No, he looks great.
He'll do you proud.
You reckon that's what people should do for me, Gary? Do me proud?
It's what you deserve.
Pull your tongue out of my arsehole.
Dogs do that.
You're not a dog, are you?
No. No, I'm not.
...you do have all the characteristics of a dog,
All except loyalty.
UNCLEYou always question everything,don't you?BILLYYeah, well, maybe it would have done you some good to have aquestion from time to time. "Am I an asshole?" "Are my kids a mess?""Is my wife a money-grubbing whore?" Those are questions.(the UNCLE starts to leave)"Have I been good to my dying sister or am I just pretending to be?"(he's stung THE UNCLE)Too late now, right?
- Are they like the Expiry Dates on those medicine bottles, where even if its past the date you can still use the medicine, but the result might not be really soothing.
- Or are they like those softwares which you can download from the net for free, those '30-day free trials'. Once the 30 day period is over, you will not be able to use the stuff.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
P.S.: I got the idea from Vijay's blog.:)
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
- I can lie on your face, without flinching, without even a blink of my eye.
Experience : Since time immemorial. Tho the last time I used this skill was quite a long time ago, I must say. And it gave very positive results, atleast from my perspective. Tho I haven't used it, I think I am not rusty yet.
- This shud be in direct speech - "When you are at your sarcastic best you can peel people." Came from a girl in the college, and not as a compliment tho. Mebbe becoz she was at the receiving end that time.
- I am very sly and I lack conscience. Now this was lil recent, maybe under an year. I kno that I am sly. Bt I always thot I had a bit of a conscience. Bt then your friends know ya better rite? As bt the sly part, if somebody found you sly, then they shud be more sly than you to kno that rite. :) Needn't be, now I know.
- I can vanish and cease to exist with nt even me knowin bt the same. This I had tried a long long back and it was shockin to me wen I found that I had disappeared. And, then, it was tough for me. So this is somethin I would not wanna do again.
- I can remember every single thing tat has happened and then look back and join the dots. I am good at this, and I am nt boasting. And to add to that, I pretty much instinctive and I trust them more than anything.
- I can see people. :) No, nt the dead ones. The real alive ones. I do see them, tho I tend to ignore them.
- If you think you have seen a guy with the biggest ego and attitude problems, send him to me. I have better and bigger ones.
- I am generally positive, bt I can generate lotsa negative energy about me and drive ppl away like one crazy extremely pungent fart.
- I can make ppl hate me. Pretty common skill these days, bt I thot I might mention it too.
- I think the word hypocrite was made with me in mind.
- I can be nice at times, bt don worry bt tat, I am nt usually.
My heart was a pendulum between her and the street
I don't know with what strength I freed myself from her eyes,
She was left clouding with tears her anguish