Thursday, January 8, 2009

Childhood Longings.

Was reading this book called The Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami. Somewhere the protagonist speaks about childhood longings. It says bt those longings for things tat ya wanted as a child and was unable to get. The way they haunt you all your life and moulds your perspective. Funny when I thought bt it, coz I dont remember having any of those. Its nt because I got everything I wanted, now that wud definitely be untrue. Thankfully my parents were very sensible enough that wen they dont get me something, they would tell me why I dint get them and why shud it be so.

I don't really yearn for things, even if I do, I loose interest too fast. I am talkin abt materials, things here. Hmm, the last time I wanted something very badly was my camera. I saved some cash for that and bought it. I was very excited abt the same bt then once the initial excitement got over, it was all gone. :( So much for being materialistic rite? Mebbe I am too materialistic that once I get one thing, I immediately start yearning for the next. Mebbe I do have these yearnings bt since I am yearning for it all the time I am nt able to understand that. Mebbe I shud go to Himalayas and then stay there for sometime and then decide.  

P.S. :- The excitement about the camera came back to me pretty soon. :) I love photography, I own a pretty good camera. But that doesn't mean I am a good photographer or that I take good pictures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment