Thursday, October 25, 2012

(can't think of any appropriate title)

I saw a dog die today - a stray puppy, barely couple of months old. I was walking by to get a cup of tea. I saw this litter of 3-4 of them playing on the road. I remember thinking this could be dangerous for them. While walking back, after a few minutes I find one of them lying in the middle of the road, apparently hit by a vehicle, bleeding, dying. I didn't know what to do, but thought I should pick it up and put it by the sidewalk. There wasn't much blood, but I guess it broke it's neck. I took it and kept it by the sidewalk. I went and bought a bottle of water, but I somehow knew it would be dead by the time I was back. I was back and the puppy was dead (and warm). The mommy dog just came by and sniffed it; the rest of the litter were still playing around.
(Back then I was feeling so totally detached and unemotional about it. But now I feel strangely melancholic. Two months old maybe? Blah! Chicken we eat is barely a month old, aye?)

No comments:

Post a Comment