Friday, December 26, 2008

Long live colonialism !!!

So wat is this all bt? hmm our old roomie is gettin married and we all are invited (obviously). And his home town is Varkala, one of those nice beaches along the kerala coast. And I was supposed to go back to my home town after the wedding, so I was excited.
Here we hop into the train and start our long journey to Varkala.
Hmm nthng great and exciting in the train, barring the part where some one flicked my floaters while I was sleeping. Old one bt nt one I wud wanna loose yet.
We reach his place, have break fast and then start to the beach. Upon reaching the beach, we see a foreigner trying hard to start his Bullet. So since I own a similar bike and knowin how to start one of these, I thot of playin the nice host. Afterall, Athithi devo bhava, isn't it. So here I go and help him start the stuff, and wishes him a happy vacation.
Then we started exploring the beach side and finds this really nice part of it. We were 5 of us of wic me and my cousin were the ones who were really comfortable swimming in the sea. Off we started into the water, when suddenly we hear whistles. Na they weren't some gay ooglers whistling at our half naked bodies, they were those blue dress wearing Life guards.
"They say that this area is nt for Indians"
Me and ma bro were huh??? Are we stil in India???
60 years and more since we got the freedom and stil white guys are worshipped.
Long live colonialism!!! What else can I say here.

No comments:

Post a Comment