Saturday, November 20, 2010

Euthanasia.

"Doctor, I am afraid of Death. I can't even sleep, I keep on thinking about and dreading Death."
"My dear friend, some day or the other we all die. Just try to enjoy life before you finally sleep forever."
"But, I can't. I am so so worried."
"See my friend, do you love sleeping?"
"I do and I miss it now a lot."
"Listen, think of Death as a long peaceful sleep. We all love a good night's sleep, don't we? Listen now, I am going to prescribe some sleeping pills for you. Take them and come and see me after a week. I'm sure you will be perfect."

"Doctor, I can't sleep now."
"Why? Maybe I can prescribe some stronger pills."
"No Doctor, I don't want to sleep. I am afraid of sleeping! You said Death is a long sleep, right? So what does that make sleep? It's a small Death! I am dying every night! I don't want to! Help me Doctor, help me!"
"Hmmmm…take these pills my friend. And embrace the most peaceful sleep you will ever have. May you find peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment