Friday, November 12, 2010

Wren and Martin.

Back in the high school our English teacher - Spain (yes that was his name) - was notorious amongst us. Please do not get me wrong here - he was an excellent teacher, his classes were never boring. But he was very strict, in so many things, he wanted us to speak only English, he was too arrogant for the liking of us teenagers. We secretly hated him, we wanted to do everything that could cause uneasiness to him. One of our seniors even vandalised the toilet and wrote vulgar comments about him.
I never used to go back to my school, but after a good 5 years or so I once went back. I met some of my teachers and then when I had already starting back, I saw Spain sir. He was climbing the stairs back to his office, I called out to him and he came hurrying down to meet me. He walked down the whole flight of stairs to see one of the most notorious and obnoxious kids in his class. I was so so moved. You wouldn't believe me if I told you the stuffs I had done to make his like uneasy for him. My father is a professor, even then it took me so long to understand how noble that profession is and how much love a teacher has in his heart for his students.

No comments:

Post a Comment