Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hallowed Be Thy Name!

"So you say, that people won't take people seriously unless they are dead?"
"Well not exactly, but almost."
"Every single second a person dies; maybe more than a person. So they are all going to be glorified? What are you smoking?"
"See, that's what I said not exactly but almost. You are an ok guy, good but not yet great. The crux is that, the greatness, the greatness comes only when you are glorified. Van Gogh was not big till he died. The same for Franz Kafka. Galileo, nobody cared what he did when he was alive."
"Hmmm! You are kind of making sense now."
"Same goes for that  John Doe."
"Which John Doe, I never heard of him."
"Exactly my point my friend, he is not dead yet."
"So, people even though they are great, will not be gratified, as you say, until they die."
"Yes, but mind you, all are not gratified. You know Fagin, the guy who was hanged?"
"Of course, he came over to my grave last eve to get some gin."
"Well, next time he comes, let me know, he owes me something."

No comments:

Post a Comment