Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Recession.



"Hey you! How are you?"
"Hey, I am good, thank you and you?"
"Good - you did not come to the shop today, why?"
"O come on friend, there is nothing to do there. No one visits us. I would rather sit at home and fret than in that godforsaken place and between the flies."
"Come on don't loose heart my friend. The days of the splendid Magic Carpet, will return. Just going through a rough patch, aren't we? Don't loose heart, my friend!"
"My mate, we both know what you are saying is just sweet talk. Nobody needs a magic carpet now. They have fast planes, choppers, balloons and what more? I have heard that they can even control the climate inside those planes."
"Control the climate? Are you nuts! Only the God can control the climate. Someone gave you all these stupid ideas didn't they? And look at you, you have believed them totally, you stupid moron!"
"No my friend, what I am saying is true. My own brother told me. He even travelled in one. They have the same calm climate all over the time. They serve food. They play songs. They have wine and women."
"Well, no offense, but that brother of yours has always been a liar, a trouble maker. He stole my sister's necklace and left the town once right? If I were you, I wouldn't believe him."
"He is a trouble maker, that I agree. And I am still sorry for your sister's necklace. But hasn't he travelled far and wide? Hasn't he brought home silk that is not silk but better than silk? I trust him when I should trust him."
"Well you know what - I don't! And you better come to the shop tomorrow. Good day!"
"Good day to you too, my friend."

No comments:

Post a Comment