Monday, November 29, 2010

Love Hotel.

“Are you embarrassed by the fact that you need to come to a love hotel to talk to me?”
“Is that a trick question?”
“Yes, it is. But I need an answer, and I need the truth.”
“Yes, I am embarrassed - no, embarrassed is not the right word. I am terrified. It’s not safe. We can be compromised.”
“How can you say that? I am your wife. You took oath to protect me, to stand by me through thick and thin. To love me with all your heart till death do us part.”
“I do love you with all my heart. But how can a man who can’t defend himself defend anyone else?”
“Isn’t there something which you can do? I am sure we are not the only ones.”
“I don’t know. This is not the first military regime we are going through, but this one is different. Ever since this gay General took over life has been tough. And since all the marriages, one’s between a man and his woman, has  been negated, us meeting is like committing adultery - like prostitution.”
“But how long my dear, how long?”
“We have to hold on, for some more time. When was the last time any military regime ran for more than a year?”
“I'm afraid you all will turn gay in this heat.”
“No, not more than you turning lesbian, and if we’re done talking, I can prove that I am still the same.”

No comments:

Post a Comment